Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Thinking Of You - Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking



I tend to like most of what I create, but every once in a while I really love something.

This is one of those times.  ;)

It is really stunning in person.  My photos don't really capture the depth of colour...





How I created my card:


I used the little Delicate Flower stamp on the background embossing it with White embossing powder.

Then I used three different blue inks to sponge and blend over top of the entire background piece.  (Glacier, Lagoon, and Peacock.)

The flowers and fauna are from the Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking stamp set - still my fave from this Seasonal Expressions catalog.

I used my watercolour brush with Canary and Goldrush inks for the flowers, and Raspberry for the centers.  I added a little extra colour the Raspberry, with my Cherry Pink ShinHan marker.

And the leaves are waterbrushed with Fern ink.

The sentiment is from the little Thinking Of You stamp.  I love these little M-sized sets.  :)

The gems I added are Bitty Sparkles and Clear Sparkles, and from Red Gems.

And the last step I did was to add some shimmer to the flowers with my Clear Shimmer Brush.



Did you know that these Shimmer Brushes come in Gold and Bashful pink, too?  AND that you can easily create your own colour by adding a drop or two of re-inker to a Clear Shimmer Brush?



I always have Sparkles in my stash.  Did you know that you can easily colour them with ShinHan markers to create different colours to match with your projects???  Definitely a must-have in your stash, too!







Happy creating!  :)





2 comments:

Karen Day said...

Really gorgeous, Vicki!

Itsaboutthecolors said...

Lovely card. I especially like the background you created. Did you do ink blending on White Daisy card stock?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin