Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Clutch-style A2 Card Box and Cards



I have a new card box tutorial to share with you all. I saw a card the other day that made me think of making this box like a 'clutch' purse. You know the kind that the flap comes over top and hangs most of the way down...



I managed to leave a little detail out of my instructions, though. I used a velcro dot for the closure. But I know of some great magnetic closures made by Basic Grey that would be perfect for this project. Mine are on order and they still haven't come in yet, so I used my trusty velcro standby.



I made up 8 very basic cards (meaning flat, no pop-dots or ribbon or even brads for goodness sakes!) and was able to fit those along with 8 envelopes into the box. So you could either keep your cards basic for workshops, or fancy them up some more and just make fewer for your box. The other option is to adjust the instructions to make the box wider. For those of you familiar with making boxes, it would be very easy to do. Oh, and for the cards, I used a pattern from Sheetload of Cards from January 2009, which gives cutting instructions to make 8-A2 sized cards. I just changed it up a little.

Hope you enjoy my template, and I'd love to see what you create with it! :)


Clutch-Style A2 Card Box - Vicki Wizniuk

4 comments:

Hope said...

How cute! Thanks for the tutorial-can't wait try it!

Sarah said...

Ohhh It is Christmas early...I LOVE your templates...This is just perfect.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for this template :)

Becky B. said...

Hi, Vicki! Thank you SO MUCH for posting the tutorial on how to create this adorable little box! I'm working on my annual Christmas Card workshop, and needed an A2 box pattern, so this fits the bill PERFECTLY!! Thanks again for your inspiration!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin